SMART Table 442i Factory Restore
Here’s how you can restore the new SMART Table by following the instructions below. Please remember these instructions are for restoring (not to be confused with re-imaging) only. If calibration did not resolve a touch problem this would be the next step.
The restore link is:
Note that the file within that folder should be placed in the root of a clean USB drive formatted as FAT32. This can be done by right clicking on the USB drive icon in the "Computer" screen where you can see your harddrives. Select Formatt and select FAT32 as the "file system".
Users who create their own key should note that they will need to plug in a USB hub into the teacher port. They need the USB hub because they will also need to plug in a keyboard to select an option from the Restore Utility and once the bootable key is plugged in none of the other ports are enumerated.
To restore off the backup partition:
- Plug in a USB hub into the teacher port.
- Plug in the bootable key and a keyboard into the USB hub.
- Turn on the table. It should immediately boot into WinPE and auto-start our Restore Utility.
- The Restore Utility should list the image on the backup restore partition. Use the keyboard to select the number of this image.
- Users should be able to follow along with the rest of the instructions.
Here is a link to SMART's page with the documentation for the 442i SMART Table.
SMART 442i documentation link